Tuesday, August 21, 2007

MONDAY - Romantic Love

I've held off on this one and put it in draft mode for several days. For me, right now, the most romantic behavior I can show is to be supportive, accepting and non- judgemental.

My husband and I have been married for nine years and have known each other for twelve. Unfortunately, when you know someone for a long period of time it becomes easier to get into some behavioral habits that aren't kind, healthy, supportive or loving.

Recently I made a choice to stop reacting when I don't approve of something he says or does. I'm working on shutting my mouth and just trying to listen to him. This is not an easy task for me. I'm an outspoken person while he is a more guarded person.

The more resentments I'm carrying around, the more critical and outspoken I am. I'm working on my thought process regarding resentments and it is helping me greatly to be more accepting.

Right now, this is what romance is to me. I am creating a more gentle, loving environment for my husband and I to relate in and I have seen a more loving, appreciative husband as a result.

No comments: