Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Have the urge to take a nap, however, I honestly want to make another choice, so, I will push through it. I know that I can go to bed early tonight if I want to.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Set alarm for 8:00, woke up at 8:10. Sat in front of my computer until 10:30 then had a shake with a tsp of oil. When I took my am vitamins and minerals I had an upset stomach so I chased them with some pepto bismol. I'll have to spread them out a bit more so I don't take too many at once.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Vitamin D - 2000 IU
Calcium - 600 mg 2x's a day
Iron - Taking quite a bit right now because of anemia.
Selenium - Healthy detoxification
Zinc - Metabolism of protein, carbohydrate and fat. Protects from heavy metal poisoning.
Chromium - Reduces insulin resistance.
Alpha Lipoic Acid - Increases burning of glucose.
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) - Helps glucose and fat metabolism. Specifically help with ab fat.
EPA/DHA - 1720/1160 Improves metabolic balance, reduces triglycerides, normalizes hormones, lowers Alzheimers risk, and improves ADD/ADHD.
Of course, these vitamins and minerals offer additional benefits, but I've just listed the primary reason that I've decided to take them.
Set alarm for 8am woke up at 11am. Woke up hungry and grabbed a peach with my coffee. About 45 minutes later I had a shake with a tsp of oil. About 2:00 I had a 1/4 cup of nuts and a shake with oil. Packed a peach and carrots before I went to the gym and pulled a frozen 1/2 cup of lentil soup out of the freezer for tomorrow. Went to gym and used the elliptical orbiter for 30 minutes. Took my granddaughter home,she lives about 30 minutes away, and ate my peach and carrots on the way. Returned home about 5:30 and grabbed a salad and a wheat lawash.
Feeling stressed out about finances and can feel the craving for sugar hitting me in waves.
At 8:00 I ate 6 ounces of shrimp and 1/2 cup of chickpeas. I pulled some Orange Roughie from the freezer for tomorrow. I plan on going to bed about 10pm.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Set my alarm for 7am, got up at 9:30, had a shake with a tsp of oil at 10:30. Packed a lunch of salad with 2 tsp of oil and red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup of peanuts, and an apple. Arrived at clients house at 11:30, received a call from my doctors office to have a BIA done today rather than meet with the doctor. Needed to fast for 4 hours, so I ate my apple and peanuts before 12:15 because my test was for 4:15. Ate right at my clients table while we reviewed design plans. Stopped at home before my doctors appointment, added a peach to my lunch bag so I'd have something to eat in addition to the salad when I walked out of the doctors office. Was running late to kids kickball game so I grabbed a shake with oil and out the door. Got back from game at 8:30, ate 3 ounces of shrimp, some carrot sticks, and went to the gym. I did 30 minutes of cardio, and 15 minutes of weights. (had to talk myself into those weights) Home at 9:30 put together 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup brown rice, the remaining 3 ounces of shrimp and some canned stewed tomatoes, added basil, salt and pepper and threw it in the micro. I weighed in at 165.6 at the doctors. Had no cravings for unhealthy foods today.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Here is the eating plan that my doctor has instructed me to follow:
- 2 "Medical Food" Shakes
- 3 Vegetables
- 1 Vegetable #2 (ie 1/2 sweet potato, carrot, beets)
- 4 Oils (canola, olive, flax)
- 2 Protein (3 ounces each)
- 2 Fruits
- 1 Nuts/Seeds (100 calorie serving; just under 1/4 cup)
- 1 Whole Grain
- 1 Legume (1/2 cup serving)
This works out to approximately 1300 calories, I am to be eating approximately every 3 hours.
In addition to this eating plan I need to exercise 45-60 minutes of cardio daily and 15 to 30 minutes of weight training every other day.
- I stop wearing my seatbelt (this is one of my first signs)
- I begin taking only my prescription medications, and eliminate my vitamins.
- I start throwing my clothes on the floor when undressing.
- My clean clothes and dirty clothes are now mixed up together on the bedroom floor
- I stop doing my laundry
- I do a load of laundry and leave it in the washer. . . . for days. . .rewash. . . leave it in washer. . . . etc.
- I don't want to talk on the phone.
- I don't return phone calls.
- I let my voice mail get full and I don't clear it.
- I begin sleeping in until noon
- I take naps! Major problem! I will take a 3 to 4 hour nap in the middle of my business day - getting virtually nothing done. A few days in a row of this and I am way behind in my work.
- I don't wear my rubber bands for my braces
- I miss doctors appointments
- I avoid making doctors appointments
- My house is messy and I don't have the desire or energy to do anything about it.
- I've run out of food and I don't go grocery shopping.
- I'm off my eating plan - usually because I've run out of the foods I need.
- I start skipping meals
- I feel unorganized, less than, or depressed.
- I spend money without paying attention to my finances.
- I pay my bills late
- I harm my credit rating by waiting over 30 days to pay a bill.
- I don't open my mail and ignore that I have any bills at all.
- It appears as though I am trying to gain weight, or sabotage the weight loss I have experienced to date.
- I binge eat on primarily sugar.
- I resist exercising.
Although this doesn't sound like too terrible of a day, I'm not even close to the eating plan I've been given to follow by my doctor. I'll try again on Sunday.