Sunday, July 22, 2007

Signs That I'm Self Destructing


I have some obvious (in hindsight) signs that I'm on the path to my self destruction. These signs begin simple enough, but then they are compounded as I continue to chip away at the positive behaviors I am trying to incorporate into my daily lifestyle. . . . .


  • I stop wearing my seatbelt (this is one of my first signs)

  • I begin taking only my prescription medications, and eliminate my vitamins.

  • I start throwing my clothes on the floor when undressing.

  • My clean clothes and dirty clothes are now mixed up together on the bedroom floor

  • I stop doing my laundry

  • I do a load of laundry and leave it in the washer. . . . for days. . .rewash. . . leave it in washer. . . . etc.

  • I don't want to talk on the phone.

  • I don't return phone calls.

  • I let my voice mail get full and I don't clear it.

  • I begin sleeping in until noon

  • I take naps! Major problem! I will take a 3 to 4 hour nap in the middle of my business day - getting virtually nothing done. A few days in a row of this and I am way behind in my work.

  • I don't wear my rubber bands for my braces

  • I miss doctors appointments

  • I avoid making doctors appointments

  • My house is messy and I don't have the desire or energy to do anything about it.

  • I've run out of food and I don't go grocery shopping.

  • I'm off my eating plan - usually because I've run out of the foods I need.

  • I start skipping meals

  • I feel unorganized, less than, or depressed.

  • I spend money without paying attention to my finances.

  • I pay my bills late

  • I harm my credit rating by waiting over 30 days to pay a bill.

  • I don't open my mail and ignore that I have any bills at all.

  • It appears as though I am trying to gain weight, or sabotage the weight loss I have experienced to date.

  • I binge eat on primarily sugar.

  • I resist exercising.

No comments: