Friday, July 27, 2007

CFM - Day 7


I didn't set an alarm for this morning, but I got up at 7am. As I expected, today was a rough day. Whenever I binge on sugar I feel awful the following day. My emotions are pretty much all over the board, with a quick anger response. My father was supposed to spend the night tonight but he called with a change of plans. I'm glad he didn't make it, not because I didn't want him to stay, but because my energy is so messed up from all the sugar in my body. Very similiar to being hung over from a drunk.


This morning I started out with an apple and 1/4 cup of nuts, a few hours later I had a shake. I'm flashing in and out of cravings throughout the entire day and especially the evening. At about 5:30 (quite a few hours late), I had 3 peaches and about 3/4 cup of nuts. Frustrated, hungry, but not wanting to prepare anything, I ended up eating about 4 oz of salmon from last nights left overs, and grabbed a bag of already washed celery. I layed down and was reading a book, munching on celery feeling very discontent. About 7pm I got up, made myself a shake with 4 tsp of oil, and hour later I threw 1/2 cup of lentils and 1/2 cup of rice in the micro. I didn't want the lentils and rice, my tastebuds are screwed up from all the sugar and all I want is something sweet. I ended up not eating the soup and rice and grabbed a half a seedless watermelon and ate about 1/4 of it.

I really didn't want to go to the gym, but, since I needed to pick up some pillowcases for my guests, I decided that I would go to the gym which is right next door to Bed, Bath, Beyond. That's it though - that's all I did today. Again, I forced myself to do 35 minutes of cardio. I've been restless, tired, edgy, angry, craving foods, and feeling frustrated.
It's midnight now and I've just eaten 1/2 cup of peanuts and a glass of water. I feel frustrated because there really isn't anything in the house that I really want to eat (chocolate), and earlier tonight I decided not to go out of the house because I knew I'd buy sweets. I'm feeling controlled and frustrated by this addiction. Yet, at the end of this day I have to say, "thank God I didn't eat sugar today." Even though the entire day I've been obsessed about it.

No comments: