Creating space for fun and entertainment is one of my most difficult areas. I rarely understand what it is I find fun to do and I don't know why this is. What is fun? What is entertaining? If I had to rate this area on a scale of one to ten I'd have to say its at about a two. I'm rating it so low because I generally don't do "fun" things. My focus is usually on work or relaxation. Certainly relaxation is fun to me, sitting in silence for hours is fun for me, but it's certainly not entertaining. It's quite limiting.
I'd love to hear from others what and where they find fun and entertainment in their lives. Is it possible I don't understand the concept?
Today I will stretch myself to discover what is fun and entertaining to me. I'll post what I find at the end of the day.
Well, I tried a few new things today to see if I found them entertaining or fun.
- Hung out at Borders Book store and looked at some art, fashion, and exercise books.
- I packed a lunch for a picnic, ate some in my car, some on the nature trails.
- I went to the very short nature trails by my home.
- I watched a comedy movie on television
- I spent the day in silence, peacefulness, and contentment.
- I drove around and looked at landscaping I enjoyed.
- I played around with space planning for a friends loft.
- I made myself and incredible salad for dinner that I enjoyed very much.
I'm going to raise my rating of fun from the two that I thought it was earlier to an eight. I feel so content this evening, spiritually centered, loving, and peaceful. That's fun!