Friday, August 10, 2007

CFM - Day 21

Did not set an alarm this morning, woke up at 8:30 am. Felt dizzy and disoriented, unstable on my feet. Not sure if having a reaction to medicine or not. I'm taking 24 hour allergy and cough medicine.

Anyway, I'm going to force, make, push, whatever myself to get back into action today. I'm feeling much better and I need to take some action steps with myself and my business. Its been many days since I've been to the gym and I'm wanting to get a workout in. Have a date with my husband this evening also since he'll be going out of town for a week beginning Sunday.

Word of warning/reminder to self: in the past when my husband goes out of town, my food goes downhill. I have a tendency to not take care of myself. I do not want this to happen this time and I will take the steps necessary to insure that this doesn't. One thing I can do is to make sure my refrigerator is stocked with foods from my eating plan. I can cut up vegetables in advance so that they are ready for me to just grab. I can make dishes and freeze them so I can pull them out when I'm ready to eat. The bottom line is that I need to make a plan for myself and my self care.

Also, since we gave the cleaning pe0ple notice, I need to figure out a way and/or schedule for my husband and I to clean our home.

Finally, I'm wavering on whether or not I should take a math class in addition to the two architecture classes I'm taking. I'm concerned that if I don't take a math class I'll put myself behind in the architecture program. On the other side, I'm afraid that I'll be taking on too many classes. Hmm. Since I'm 50/50 on this issue, I'll flip a coin and see what I should do.

I did well with my food today. I ate all of the portions I should have, I went over on hommus and grain, BUT, I didn't eat anything with sugar, I maintained my blood sugar levels and I was able to overcome a mild mental sugar craving. Worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes and did 15 minutes of abs.

Still fighting with husband though. We seem to be stuck in this battle regarding criticism and taking care of yourself. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but it does seem to be getting better. Hopefully we're picking up some useful tools or information along the way so we can better maneuver our way through this issue. Mine, I need to get softer, his, he needs to toughen up.

I believe I need to start attending Overeaters Anonymous again to deal with my eating problem. Hmmmm

No comments: